Maps have come a long way from just being annoying to fold back up
Have you noticed that when you search for a business on Google, Yahoo or Bing within the listings is usually a map that will include expanded information? Did you also know that your business can have (and most likely already has) a map listing and that you can edit the information?
And the best part is that it is completely free!
All three search engines included basic information with your map including address, hours, phone numbers, email address and, of course, a link to your website. Plus, you can edit and add more to your listing including photos, products, services and more. Customers can also write reviews – so be sure to check it regularly to ensure your business is seen in a positive light.
It’s simple to “claim” your listing to edit and add to it. Just find your listing by entering your name into a search engine and then click on the link “enhance this listing,” “edit this listing” or “change this business listing.” Then, follow the simple instructions.
Here’s a quick overview of what each of the search engines offers for free:
- Basic information – about the company, hours, payment options, toll free number, etc.
- Contact information – name, address and phone number
- Link to website
- Directions – plus the ability to embed a map into your website (but that’s a whole other topic we’ll discuss in another blog)
Plus, Yahoo offers:
- Additional information – products, services, affiliated associations
- Up to five category specific data fields (i.e. cuisine for restaurants, amenities for hotels)
- Adding your own photos, videos and offers
- A way to respond to customer reviews
Bing also allows:
- Photos, logos and add-ons like menus
- Special promotions
According to Google, 97 percent of consumers search for local businesses online. Taking advantage of your local listings couldn’t be easier and since it’s free you can spend your marketing budget on other efforts. So help your business and spend some time enhancing your map listings today.
WebSwagger can help you take advantage of Google Maps, Bing Maps, and Yahoo Places. Give us a call to get started at (888) 772-6400.